azores

Hidden in the glorious wildness - AZORES DAY 3

7:42:00 AM

“Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?” 


Another story begins... There, about a dozen times during the day, the wind drives over the sky the swollen clouds, which water the earth copiously, after which the sun shines brightly, as if freshly bathed, and floods with a golden luster the rocks, the river, the trees, and the entire jungle.

The best way to start the last day of our trip? Going to hot springs in the middle of a forest! Or shall I say a jungle? Still with a cold humid breeze in the morning, feels like nothing better than entering a 39 degrees water in Caldeira Velha! It is A MUST DO in Sao Miguel.


When the sunlight hit the trees, all the beauty and wonder come together. Soul unfolds its petals. Just keep on walking...



Changing clothes in wildness looks like a fun thing to do thanks to Agata!


I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone.' I should think so — in these parts! We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!


There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.




There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after. This time it was better that I thought it would be. 








That's my number one of the trip. A mysterious forest, resembling the jungle with hot steam either covering or revealing whats in there. Hidden in the glorious wildness like unmined gold. I love places like this, do you?



I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it.





Ready for more?
Drive up the hill and stop in a few, wonderful miradouros with a view to Lagoa do Congro. I think this lake was my favorite one in Sao Miguel. We saw it twice - once in a rainy, cloudy day, another day was sunny, blue sky and warm wind. To have this comparison, it was very precious. To see the water change in sunlight. 






After that we have moved on to another point of our trip - Lagoa das Furnas. A perfect, picturesque place where we could have lunch. For me, it gave a different impression as the rest of the island. Still wild, but more calm... Kind of reminded me of lakes in Poland. This place made me think of staying there the whole day and just chilling. If we had more spare days I would go there camping for sure! And if it was summer too.


“The scent of trees was in the air.” 





Is it nice, my preciousss? Is it juicy? Is it scrumptiously crunchable?


Our lunch menu: fresh fruits and vegetables, pineapple from Azores, boiled eggs, bolo Lêvedo (typical bread from Azores) with butter, coriander, local cheese and avocado. Looks simple, but in that place it tasted amazing. 






My favorite shot of all of us ! 


After our lunch we had a hiking trip planned in Faial da Terra. The roadtrip itself was wonderful with great landscapes. I got only some of them, I wanted to enjoy the views more. Sorry!




Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you. Not today. Good morning! But please come to tea—any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Come tomorrow! Good.

That's enough for today. Too many pictures to share in one post! I am hoping you are enjoying my photographs as much as I enjoyed making them! Hopefully this will convince you to go to Azores yourself and see it with your own eyes! Believe me,its much better than it seems. Stay tuned and wait for the best pictures of all! Hiking in Sanguinho coming up next!

You Might Also Like

0 comments